The Institute of Physical and Mathematical Sciences at Universidad Austral de Chile seeks to appoint one professor, at the assistant or associate level, depending on the credentials, working in Physics, starting on August 2021. Applications are invited from highly talented researchers with a PhD in Physics. The selected candidate is expected to carry out an independent research, teach at undergraduate level, contribute to the development of new graduate programs as well as to compete for external research grants.
- A cover letter clearly stating the motivation for his/her application
- Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications, highlighting the 5 most important ones with a brief summary of each (please attach the manuscripts).
- A copy of academic degrees certificates
- A research plan
- A brief statement of teaching philosophy
- Three recommendation letters from senior scholars
The deadline is on March 20th, 2021.
For more inquiries about the position, please write to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our University is located in Valdivia, a small city in the beautiful Southern Chile, close to both sea and mountains. The city of Valdivia has been ranked third in Chile in terms of quality of life. The Universidad Austral de Chile is an equal opportunity employer.